Sunday 7 February 2010

Glad January is over

Not that I particulary hate January it just seems to pointless.  People have less money thats a well known fact (I have the same as usual as I am a Money Saver), but its not just that there is nothing special in the shops.  I have over £100 of next vouchers and I cannot seem to spend them.  I did manage to spend my  £10.00 boots voucher yesterday on some Simple moisteriser and Maybelline foundation.  I just about ran out of foundation last November but I managed to get a free sample of olay which I have been eeking out.  Then yesterday I got some for less than £7.00 when my usual is £15.00 which of course I realise is a ridiculous amount.  I know that wearing make-up is not for everyone but I need to looking good in my job and I always feel good about myself when I make the effort. I am not one to plaster it on mind there is nothing worse and I am not an orange girl either.

Still using up all my smellies that I have.  Lots of bath and shower stuff.  I won a prize at Slimming World this month and got some more shower gel and it smells divine. 

Well on to February with its Valentines Day - bought hubby a rather large card for under a pound in the card factory.  No present this year other than we are going to get a take out pizza on the day.  He of course has booked tickets for us to see Phantom of the Opera in March with a stay at one of the Raddisson Hotels which I am looking forward to.

Well back to today have to do a small shop to make sure I stick to the meal plan.  Am really making an effort to keep within budget.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a little girly stuff. And the guys love the effect. . . . . Good luck on the budget. It is hard these days, but it's certainly worth the effort in the long run! Blessings, Liz

    ReplyDelete