Monday 28 November 2011

Out of my comfort zone

Moved offices now.  Positives are that the staff already there were most welcoming.  My room is better, better facilities all round.

Down side is the office is furthe away and driving home in the dark in an unfamiliar area and some impatient person just sat on their horn as I could not get passed the car in front straddling two lanes - mainly in the left and I wanted to go right had I done what the person behind me had wanted me to do I would have been driving on the wrong side of the road.

I ignored them and did my own thing!

However, I may have mentioned that I am Chair person of the Bournemouth branch of Legal Executives.  I have been a member for a few years and felt that I should be more involved.  It is coming to the end but meanwhile this week is our annual dinner.  I have had a small part in the arrangements but I have to do a 5 minute speech this Friday evening at around 8-8.30 in front of Solicitors, Judges and Legal Executives!!  ARGGGGHH I am terrified.  As a lawyer I am not exactly shy on a day to day basis but a speech why did I agree to that.

Finally, I am 40 in just over a week - why did I agree to that lol - I didnt obviously!  ARGGGGHH!!

3 comments:

  1. Your speech will be fine
    Make a few notes. avoid dodgy jokes.
    smile

    and 40 isnt a millstone, its a milestone
    I am sure chris has something wonderful planned

    this time next week it will all be over and you can look forward to christmas

    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worried for two years before I turned 40 but from that time forward - no worries. It's a great age, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't sign up for 40 either but don't feel any different now.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete