Monday 16 January 2012

The Iron Lady



OH and I saw this yesterday and we thought it was amazing.  It had me engrossed from beginning to end.  It has so much in it.  I am surprised they managed to fit it all in. 

It was no holds barred.  It  really showed her in a good light and bad light, the real MT. It had me in tears a few times and I always knew that she cared after all why would you get a job trying to help the Country if you didn't.

I did know her background but this film really shows how hard she worked to get to where she did despite her background and despite being a woman.

I am surprised it only seems to get three stars in its reviews I would give it 5 out of 5.  As for Meryl Streep I kept having to remind myself it wasn't MT.  For me she is one of the best actresses ever.  Is a shame we always need American's to be the lead.  I would thoroughly recommend this film whatever your politicial pursuasion!

Also a shame it costs best part of £20 to watch a film these days!!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooooO!
    Sorry.....BUT.....We had 18yrs of this woman as a dictator....!
    If you think l'm gonna spent £20 to sit and watch another two hours of her.....THEN.......! "Nuff Said".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't agree with her polices but she is one of a kind and had great energy.

    Glad you liked the film, but so expensive these days.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my Blog.....
    I'm afraid it does'nt change much....And, l'm not the author of it.
    A young lady friend talked me into it, back in 2008, when l was given my old PC. Did'nt even know what a Blog was then....! :).
    But, l'm up and runn'in now, with a pink PC, a pink keyboard and a pink laser mouse.....! :). Great Fun.....!

    Remember.....
    "Friends are like bras....Close to your heart and always there for support....".

    ReplyDelete