Sunday 29 January 2012

No spend days and tomorrow is pay day whoopie!!

Well hello to my new follower Green flag.  I do not always see my new followers so hello to all my followers and thanks for continuing to follow me!

I did the no spend challenge in January and I stuck to it as much as possible!  I said no to the book man no to new clothes - other than those that were ordered and bought in December.  I said no to eating out. 

It meant that I had about £130 pound left over from my wages - I did have almost £100 come December accrued from underspending the months before but this went on Christmas.

I also got £16.00 cash back from my credit card which will go towards my Ipad.  I have about £250 saved including that money now.

I did not count the no spend days but there were at least 15 could have been 20.  The rest were low spend.  I was tempted - it is so hard.  I shall get paid tomorrow.  I shall try to make February a low spend month - only I need some work clothes and I am going to a Solicitors lunch the week after next and am going to get a new suit and top.  I shall use my Christmas vouchers towards it which I still have left!

Tomorrow evening OH and I are going out for a meal at Prezzo's courtesy of Tesco's clubcard - only got £20 but that will do we shall have to pay for our drinks - soft drinks of course!

In terms of meals I am going to try and meal plan I did this for ages until our board fell off the kitchen wall.  I keep asking OH and I am sure he will put it back up soon.

I have been buying a lot of yellow sticker items, I went to Mr S last night and this morning and bought nearly all reduced items.  I bought some shampoo and conditioner which were less than half price and next week I shall buy more as  I have not bought ay bulk buys this month in order to stick to my no spends but I do need them to save me money throughout the year.

Not been well this week, feeling a bit better today.  My sister came over with her OH and little ones, they bought me some flowers to cheer me up and bought some cakes. 

Have a good week y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you start to feel a bit better Justine!

    Sounds like you've had a great financial January and February looks good too.

    I love meal planning, saves you loads.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Justine,
    thank you so much for following my blog!
    I just startet to read your posts and kindly pls. let me tell you
    that it is such a pleasure for me! But what a pitty it is to late now and I have to go to bed - but I will be back for reading soonest :-)
    Take care. Hugs Nicolexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be doing well with your budgeting. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your meal out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award so you are listed on my post today with a link to your blog.

    Congratulations
    Ruth from Dian's Timpanalley

    ReplyDelete