Wednesday 24 October 2012

Stress Class

It really was amazing. The most helpful piece of information was that apparently there are five parts to the sleep cycle which occurs four or five times and it is normal to wake up after stage 5.  It was a relief to hear that.  Also the ideal temperature to sleep in is 18c.  I never have the heating on at night and always have a window open. I have not put the heating I yet this year. I am waiting until November the first.  Apparently lie ins are bad for us oops!  Healthy eating helps oops.  Although I have tried hard this week.  I weigh in tonight and feel I have lost weight.

At the end of the session,which was about how stress affects the body and sleep, we had a little time for deep relaxation.  I love that.  It was the main reason I went to Yoga. I must find another class!  We were also shown breathing exercises which assist us during panic attacks.  It is called 7/11 and you breath in for 7 and out for 11 although some including me could only do 5 in and 8 out so as long. As you breathe out longer than the breath in it is okay.

Next week we are dealing with thoughts and we were told this is the most important session.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment